Position: Reflections Program Coordinator
FLSA Status: Full Time
Location: MHACF Offices – 1525 E. Robinson St., Orlando, FL 32801
Reports to: Vice President of Operations & CEO
Position Summary: The Reflections Program Coordinator leads the Mental Health Association of Central Florida’s Reflections Peer Recovery Community. Peer Recovery is a key support to clinical treatment for individuals with a lived experience in mental health. The goal of the Reflections Peer Recovery Community is to engage peers in Central Florida in their wellness and create a community of support. The Reflections Program Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling, facilitating, and documenting/reporting on regular peer recovery support groups and workshops. They will be required to facilitate small in-person groups in person as well as virtually. Outreach activities including networking and community events are key to the success of this position.
The ideal candidate is compassionate, outgoing, organized, and proactive. Preferably they also have prior experience in peer-to-peer support or workshop facilitation.
• Reports program updates to the organizations VP of Operations.
• Generates and manages the Reflections program budget.
• Schedules and coordinates trainings within the community (i.e., Introduction to WRAP).
• Facilitates recovery and wellness trainings/workshops.
• Completes and satisfies all required program duties as specified within the Reflections Program contract (i.e., workshops, etc.).
• Facilitates all program support groups.
• Organizes an annual event that allows community members to be involved while educating the importance of wellness.
• Responds to funding and grant opportunities on behalf of the organization.
• Promotes the organizations mission through social media and community outreach.
• Attends important mental health trainings and/or webinars within Central Florida as needed.
• Attends community meetings regarding mental health education as needed.
• Promotes and advertises program events and peer recovery at community events and health fairs as needed.
• Maintains timely communication with the community and potential applicants via email and phone.
• Maintains data collection and development of reports.
• Creates documentation for training fidelity and contract reporting.
• Invoices for contract billing.
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities (i.e. alternating schedule for workshop dates and/or evening/weekend hours).
• 50% of the employee monthly health insurance premium covered
• Paid Time Off
• Eight corporate holidays
• Bachelor’s degree in mental health or social service area (preferred social work).
• Must be a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist within the state of FL or be ready to take the test for certification immediately upon hire.
• Must be a WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) Facilitator or be ready to attend the Facilitator Training immediately upon hire (i.e., have completed Intro to WRAP).
• Minimum of 1 year of volunteer management experience.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office suite.
• Insight into the community mental health system of care through professional and/or personal experience.
• Have excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must demonstrate high degree of organization and time management with attention to detail.
• Multi-tasking expertise and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Possess a collaborative attitude and the prowess to provide constructive feedback.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 30 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Helriggle at JHelriggle@mhacf.org to apply.
Mental Health Connections Specialists answer all incoming calls, complete referrals, and research our database of nearly 3,000 providers in the Central Florida area to find resources that best fit the consumer request. The Interns also provide resources to the callers, maintain databases, complete data entry, miscellaneous intern projects, community outreach, attend community events, and more.
We value individuals who possess strong communication skills and are detail-oriented, professional, passionate, and eager to learn. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and undergraduate degree-seeking. A background of interest in psychology is usually quite beneficial to the position. Strong candidates will have previous experience with professional communication skills, phone and email skills, taking messages, and working in an office environment.
No previous experience is mandatory.
**We require a commitment to the indicated dates below including attendance at the training date and at least 20 hours per week.**
The application window is open now. You must be able to commit to 12 hours a week during this time frame. You will be required to shadow for 8 hours beforehand. Please be able to meet all these needs before applying.
If you would like to apply for this internship, please email Brianna at BChan@mhacf.org with a copy of your resume and your availability for the semester. The subject of the email should read “Mental Health Connections Applicant”.